So, if you are addicted to reading blogs like I am, then you have already learned that the mighty ol’ stamp will be going from a whopping 42 cents to 44 cents on May 11th, but I thought I would share a little extra info with you….
I won’t take credit for this (first seen by me in Martha Stewart weddings in Summer 2008) BUT I thought it was the perfect time to discuss since we are talking about postage…..
Did you know that you can have your wedding save the dates and wedding invitations mailed from any city in the nation? Did you also know that there are some cities named: Bliss, Darling, Romance and even Lovely (from Kentucky!).
Here’s what you need to do to have this “special delivery”: (again, all info from Martha Stewart)
* Enclose your stamped, addressed invitations (have them weighed in advance for proper postage) in a padded envelope or box, and include a note detailing your request.
* Address it to “PostMaster” followed by the name of the town, state and zip code (call before mailing) (all info below)
* Allow enough time for your invitations to be delivered, postmarked and remailed – ask the postmaster how long it will take.
Here are NINE Romantic Send-Offs from across the United States with their zip and phone (so you can confirm)
* Bliss, New York 14024 (585.322.7740)
* Bridal Veil, Oregon 97010 (503.695.2380)
* Darling, Mississippi 38623 (662.326.8408)
* Harmony, Rhode Island 02829 (401.949.2745)
* Kissimmee, Florida 34744 (407.846.0999)
* Loving, Texas 76460 (940.378.2259)
* Luck, Wisconsin 54853 (715.472.2079)
* Romance, Arkansas 72136 (501.556.5911)
* last but not least – my fave – LOVELY, KENTUCKY 41231 (606.395.5848)
So, how FABULOUS is this? What another fun way to give that personal touch to your wedding!
do you know of any other LOVELY cities in America ….. share them here…..
celebrate your love…..