With only two more weeks (after today) of taboo topics left, it seems that things are getting “deeper” but if you want a fabulous marriage….you need to know these things, right?
Last week, we discussed children (unborn, between you and your new hubby) BUT what if one of you already has a child from another marriage? This is a “taboo topic” that needs to be discussed…and here are the questions that need to be asked…
1. Will you include the children in your wedding ceremony?
2. Where will the children live? How much time will you spend with them?
3. Who will establish the rules for the stepchildren? Who will discipline them?
4. How will you financially support the stepchildren?
5. Do you expect the stepchildren to call you mom or dad? How do you want them to address you? How will you address them to other friends and family in your life?
6. Will the stepchildren change your feelings about having children of your own?
7. To what extent should the stepchildren be included in your family? Will they go on holidays with you? Church? Vacation?
8. What concerns do you have about stepchildren?
9. Will you make decisions concerning the stepchildren jointly or will the decisions be made by their blood relative?
We hope these questions will help start this VERY important conversation…. I know it will be tough, but it will be so worth it in the end.
To read the full article, please pick up your copy of Jacki Allen’s Kentucky Bride Magazine online – at Joseph-Beth – at Barnes & Nobles – at Wedding Wonderland – at Bluegrass Bride and many other fabulous wedding professionals throughout central Kentucky.
please leave your comments or feel free to email us anytime to email@example.com with Taboo Topics as the subject